Sunday, March 20, 2011

entertain-tip #3... sgroppino

years ago i helped open a restaurant and was introduced to this lovely gem of a drink. we'd serve it to our most favorite customer's at the end of a meal as a way to say thanks (and please leave a good tip!).

sgroppino is a burst of slushy goodness in your mouth. it's perfect for cleansing your palate after a dinner.... or perfect, in my opinion, just about any time.

and on top of being perfect, it's suuuuuuuuuuper simple to make.

ingredients:
1 cup lemon sorbet
2 cups prosecco
a shot or two of vodka (optional)

stick all ingredients in a blender until perfectly slushed.
whip them up in small batches or feel free to make a pitcher!

once you've perfected the basic recipe, feel free to get experimental. things that i may or may not have tried in my sgroppino's include:
raspberry sorbet, a hint of mint, blueberries, meyer lemon zest, the teeniest hint of rosemary


please let me know when you whip up a batch...and, i'll be right over.

2 comments:

  1. All three items are on my Palm Springs girls getaway weekend shopping list and I can't wait to whip some up. Great idea - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this drink is one of my favs...it reminds me of laughing with friends till we fall down, dancing in the living room with my husband and celebrating anything and everything!! I think you introduced us to it actually......

    ReplyDelete