Wednesday, May 18, 2011

the pocahontas within...

if i still had my long hair, i'd head for my hairstylist and have her adorn my tresses with these plumes of feathery loveliness...

feather's have been popping up on runways and as accessories for a while now, but there is something about the upcoming long warm days of summer that has the laid back boho-pocohontas in me yearning for one.

i think it would be the perfect accessory... tucked discreetly near the nape of my neck, that would whisk me into a daydream, sitting on a sandy beach, music playing softly in the background with a gorgeous sunset, feet buried in the sand, and the sweet mix of salt water and suntan lotion filling the air. relaxed. enjoying life's simple pleasures and feeling light as a feather.

but alas, i have short hair, so the feather extension will be subbed out for a lovely pair of feather earring, with the same daydream... but if YOU have long hair, please put a feather in your hair and let your pocahontas roar.

No comments:

Post a Comment